Sudan invites tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation project

The government of Sudan has launched tender in search of consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation venture in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The project entails installation of 1,170 solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision companies, design of photo voltaic water pumping systems, according to the requirements of each farm.
The firms will also provide assistance to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the installation and commissioning of the solar pumps. The companies may even help the challenge implementation unit via technical and monetary supervision to guarantee that all works are carried out based on the contract specs. The consultants may even participate in the building actions and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping methods
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps will be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is generally experienced because of the arid local weather and climate change, with a unfavorable impact on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools might be used to pump groundwater. In เกจวัดแรงดันเชื้อเพลิง to food safety, the project goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, that are harmful to human health and the surroundings. Interested companies have till September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation challenge is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). เกจวัดแรงดันไอน้ำ remaining 25% will be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment signifies that the set up of the solar pumps might be accomplished by December 31st, 2025.

Leave a Comment